Meet Anita K. Algiene, M.F.A. - Owner / Cake Artist
I first picked up cake decorating as a hobby in high school as my mother and I would make cakes together.
I landed my first professional cake decorating job in 1991, and since then I’ve been fortunate to work with some high end bakers and decorators in my career. The highlight, is the training I received at the famous Haydel’s Bakery in New Orleans, where I worked from 2000-2006.
While I was working in the industry, I was studying towards my Masters of Fine Arts Degree in Theatrical Design, specifically in set and costume design. I finished my degree in 2006 and then moved to Alaska to work in UAA's theatre department.
In June 2012 I opened The Midnight Sun Cakery. It is exciting to make great tasting cakes for the community that I am now happily a part of. I love exercising my training and talents in making great tasting cakes.
The Midnight Sun Cakery is a small bakery that can handle big ideas! We choose to work out of a private licensed kitchen so your orders will be personally executed and made to order!
Here are a few accolades:
With my experience and your ideas, I’m confident we can make your next cake occasion one to remember!
Why Choose The Midnight Sun Cakery?
- We are committed to using the finest ingredients in order to produce a cake, that will not only taste great, but look exceptional. We use real butter, real vanilla, real heavy whipping cream, ghirardelli chocolate, and real fruit reduction sauces. Our cakes do not contain transfats or high fructose corn syrup.
- We bake each cake to order with fresh ingredients. Each cake is created to be not only be exceptionally moist, but full of taste and have the ability to hold up to the demands of a custom cake.
- We have an impeccable reputation! Anita, herself, has over 25 years experience in baking and decorating cakes, our cakes delivered on time and to order. No exceptions!
- We work in a licensed commercial kitchen dedicated to a professional and personable atmosphere.
- We are trained designers. We know color, composition and sculpture and apply that training into edible art. We also understand what is trending so we can translate your ideas into a unique cake that fits your style. We are tech savvy and do our research before we come up with your design.
- We prefer to work with our great tasting buttercream, using a minimal amount of added dyes.
- We love working with our customers to create a cake that you want. The customer is truly first in our shop!